The word narcissist is often used as a term to refer to a 'crazy pictures' and prides themselves. In fact, the narcissist is a mental illness that the sufferer often feels jealous and think others envy him.
Narcissistic or in scientific terms Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) is a mental illness when a person has self-confidence is very high for his personal interest and curiosity also admired.
According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR), people who have narcissistic personality usually always feel more than others, need excessive admiration, lack of empathy and envy.
Not only often feel jealous of other people, people with narcissistic personality also assume that others feel jealous of him. On the narcissistic nature also often appears cocky, arrogant, detached and condescending, as reported by the Mayo Clinic.
Narcissist is one of the personality types of the disease. A person who suffers from narcissistic disorder usually also accompanied by a personal emotional, more pretending, antisocial and over-dramatize things.
However, under the mask of confidence that there is a high self-esteem is fragile and sensitive to every little criticism. This happens by itself and if the disorder is so strong that it alienates a person from the community, it is necessary to take steps of healing, as do psychotherapy.
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and the American Psychiatric Association and a few of the symptoms of narcissistic disease criteria, including:
1. Selfish, exaggerates achievements and talents, hoping known as superior without any specific outcome or achievement.
2. Too proud to fantasy and have unrealistic goals of boundless success, power, intelligence, beauty or ideal love story.
3. Believe that he is very special and can only join or associate with people who also have a high status.
4. Requires excessive praise when doing something
5. Have a particular desire to be labeled
6. Being selfish and always take advantage of every opportunity to get what he wants
7. Do not have a feeling of empathy for others
8. Always envied the success of others and believe that others are envious of him
9. Shows arrogant and demeaning nature of another person
10. Easily hurt, emotionally and have a weak private.